20 October 2012

Flight Facilities Triple J mix 3: 1992 - 2002


It's back! 


If you can't see the above box, click here.

In case you missed it, Flight Facilities were Triple J's Saturday night mix residents for October so they've made 4 mixes, each one covering a different decade. (This third one is 1992 - 2002). They have gone to amazing lengths for each mix, each set is chronological in order with classic tunes and modern edits, and cut with news reports of the time so it's like an awesome musical history lesson. They have been putting them together since April, and you can check out the insane amount of research they did here.

Just when I thought I couldn't like them any more than I do, they throw down this amazing hip hop set:

Tracklist:
Genesis - I Can't Dance
Arrested Development - Mr. Wendel
Positive K - I Got A Man
Naughty By Nature - Hip Hop Hooray
Souls Of Mischiefe - 93 to Infinity
Tupac - I Get Arounds
Warren G - Regulate
Ice Cube - One Nation
Iam - Je Dans Le Mia
Skilo - I Wish I Was A Little Bit Taller
ODB - Shimmy Shimmy Ya
Method Man - All I Need ft. Mary J Blige
LL Cool J - Loungin
2Pac - I Get Around
Fugees - Killing Me Softly
Notorious BIG - Hypnotize // Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
Blue Boy - Remember Me
White Town - Your Woman
Chemical Brothers - Where Do I Begin?
Fatboy Slim - Gangster Trippin
Beastie Boys - Body Movin' (Fatboy Slim Remix)
Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing) ****
Public Enemy - He Got Game
Nas - Nas Is Like
Moby - Why Does My Heart?
Outkast - Rosa Parks // Cassius - Feeling For You (LRD Dreamix)
Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist
Grand Popo Football Club - Les hommes c'est pas des mecs bien
Daft Punk - Something About Us
Royksopp - Eple
RJD2 - Ghostwriter

facebook.com/flightfacilities

flightfacilities.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment